Dreams

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I am stunned. Probably at a loss for words. After being on a sugar syrup high courtesy of bean curd which saw me wishing I could really bounce on the ceiling and typing out an email with lots of exclamation marks, the high left me after I went blog surfing.

Was talking to the Lord last night- you know, just a conversation after being grateful, and I honestly thank Him for giving me a clear direction. I'm at a point where I don't know if where and what I want to do is what God wants me to do but I can see that I'm in the process of working it out. Sounds contradictory-having a clear direction and not having one. What I mean is that I'm very clear that my interest lies in the Arts, the leaning towards the Humanitites so I can see myself being happier doing something in Arts and Social Sciences at NUS (Pol Science probably) rather than business at NTU. I haven't ruled out business admin at NUS yet but the interest level isn't as fervent as in something more Humanities based. But not Lit. Not econs. That I'm sure. (I love Lit but really I can't do it. I'm not especially sensitive to language sometimes- O level ok, A level... dunno, Undergrad... don't even wanna think about it) I love the beauty of language but sometimes can't identify the right word to show it.

Some may question why I'm thinking about this even before I take my A levels, considering it's in a matter of days. But it's good to have a goal, something to focus on.

Interested in doing Law. But I was blog surfing blogs of people who were doing Law, not just in Singapore, but in the US and UK. And they have millions of papers to write and tons of stuff to read and millions of case studies to read and blah blah blah. Of course it scared me, who wouldn't be scared? But then I realised that if my interest is really there, I won't be deterred by all the work and the after 4 years of studying still must do attachment and don't know what else before can even practice. And then it hit me that yes, I can do it if I want to. And I do. Complains are natural but I want to be given that chance to complain! I mean, I might want to do Law but Law may not want me. So hopefully my A levels will be ok, my GP will be ok, then I can try. If not, I'm sure I can do something that I enjoy. =)

And that is what I thank the Lord for. For giving me the chance to do what I enjoy. Some people are deterred by their parents or what they think may give them more options even when they don't enjoy it. I feel that interest will be the one that sustains a person through life. My parents, mum in particular, likes to moan about me not going for some science thing but she accepts that I find the Humanities more to my liking.

Then again, some wandering Law student might chance across my blog and label me a mad person. I mean, you never know, in a few years, you might be in Law and then regret it or love it... The future of infinite possibilities. How positive and optimistic. (Yes, must go and reread this post if I ever get into Law and then bitch about the work, must remember that I wanted it) -Just like how I bitch about the S paper presentations but I actually do enjoy thinking on a higher intellectual scale. (I'm not saying that those who do only A level don't think on that scale-it was never intended)

Thank You Lord for putting me where I am today and was in the past. For making me who I am. For giving me the friends and opportunities that I had. There is always a reason for Your actions.

--And yes one more thing. Chelsea FC Annual is out in Kino already! And I have to wait about 3 weeks before I can get a copy. Even more if they run out of stock. Pootie.

(And you thought this would be a post where I would be all serious-ha! They're in Spain now btw, getting ready for the match on Tuesday against Betis-- apparently they brought rain to Spain)


Comments: Post a Comment
* about.

christine. st nicks. vjc. 04a53. 13 aug. guides. chelsea. i like good things in life, just like how i appreciate the people who care about me. pardon any words that you may find offensive, i do not mean to offend.

Lazing around


Listening:Home-Michael Buble
Feeling:Tired
Doing:Watching Chelsea Review DVD
Wanting:25th Nov 2005 to come *

* blog links.


Basilia
Benita
Cheryl O
Cheryl Q
Chun Jia
Eileen
Fariza
Hui Yi
Hwee Min
Kat
Lucas
Nat
Nette
Peggy
Ren Hui
Sam
Samantha Lim
Sharon
SNGG
Tze Qi
Yue Yiao
YY's new blog
04a53 web
04a53 blog

My Walk with God
Chelsea FC
Football Photos
TB/X Fics
Guestbook 2

Wishlist


-Playstation 2
-Anything to do with Chelsea!!
-Armani sunglasses
-Guns and Roses "Greatest Hits"
-L'Arc'En'Ciel "Dune"
-Maksim "The Piano Player"
-Maksim "Variations Part I & II"
-Velvet Revolver "Contraband"
-The Lion King 1, 1 1/2, 2 VCD
-Katherine Ramsland "The Vampire Companion"
-Anne Rice "The Tale of the Body Thief"
-Anne Rice "Blood Canticle"
-Swarovski star shaped christmas ornament
-Calvin Klein Eternity Moment
-New drumsticks
-Clavinova

blog archieve

11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002 12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003 01/01/2003 - 02/01/2003 02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003 03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003 04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003 05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003 06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003 07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007

* thx to

- blogger
- blogskins.com
- serendipityq.com


- Cheryl aka Pwure